Persian Rhinoplasty is a procedure that falls under the umbrella of traditional Rhinoplasty, which is performed to transform the nose. Many people who undergo the procedure feel that their nose is too large for their face. The end goal of rhinoplasty is to restore the ideal balance and proportion of your nose with the rest of your appearance.
Persian Rhinoplasty is a sub-category among the many ethnic specific rhinoplasty procedures available. Why do specific rhinoplasties exist? Because many clients want procedures that consider the specific features, specifically nasal characteristics, of a particular ethnic group, as altering an appearance too dramatically comes with many cultural ramifications clients want to avoid.
Toronto’s diversity is well represented in Dr. Philip Solomon’s patient roster at the Rhinoplasty and Facial Surgery Centre just off Yonge Street in Old Thornhill.
“Toronto has a huge Persian population,” says Dr. Solomon. “And my practice is in the heart of it.”
According to Dr. Solomon, Persian patients make up to 30% of his practice. Within Toronto’s Persian community, he is recognized as an expert in Rhinoplasty for Persians.
“Many of my happiest patients are young Persian girls who undergo transformative Rhinoplasty Surgery,” says Dr. Solomon. Persian culture is very accepting of Rhinoplasty, according to Dr. Solomon. The patients he’s seen are often knowledgeable, with relatives who have had rhinoplasties performed in Toronto and Tehran. According to Dr. Solomon, Persian women are natural beauties who pursue Rhinoplasty to reduce the appearance a dominant nose and create greater facial harmony.
Dr. Solomon’s experience of thousands of rhinoplasties and extensive experience with Persian patients have earned him a reputation as a Persian Rhinoplasty expert. He has been quoted in the media as a Rhinoplasty expert, and specifically asked for comments regarding non-Caucasian rhinoplasties.
“Persians are an interesting case. They have slightly thicker skin and are often looking to have a relatively significant change so that their nose balances with their other facial features, such as large eyes and high cheek bones,” says Dr. Solomon.
Your unique anatomy and goals will form the basis of your Rhinoplasty procedure. Dr. Solomon will take care to apprise you of the risks and benefits of Rhinoplasty and what is achievable and realistic. A realistic approach to any plastic surgery is to seek improvements rather than perfection.
“I have seen nice Rhinoplasty results from patients treated in Iran, and there are, without a doubt, good Rhinoplasty surgeons in Tehran,” Dr. Solomon says to Persians contemplating travel to Iran for their Rhinoplasty. “But there are advantages to having surgery in Toronto.”
For one, Dr. Solomon has been performing Rhinoplasty for over a decade and is very familiar with the unique sensibilities of his Persian patients. Rhinoplasty is also a complicated procedure with approximately ten percent of cases requiring a second procedure for an optimal outcome. In such cases, patients who travelled to Iran would have to travel yet again or find another surgeon locally in Toronto , which could be more costly still.
“I frequently see patients for revision of rhinoplasties done years ago in Iran,” says Dr. Solomon. Over-reduction of nasal bones and “polybeak”, which results from an under-correction of the bridge, are the most common problems Dr. Solomon sees in his practice. Pinched nasal tips resulting in breathing problems are also commonly seen by Dr. Solomon.
Toronto has the medical expertise and a large Persian community that has created a lot of demand for this procedure here. For patients seeking ethnic rhinoplasty and to obtain the best possible outcome ensure your Persian Rhinoplasty is done by a specialist.
During rhinoplasty, the nasal bridge of the nose is also commonly reduced. This part of the nose is made up of both bone (the upper bridge) and cartilage (the lower). The bone is reduced through shaving it down with an instrument referred to as a nasal rasp. The cartilage is reduced with a scalpel.
If you are considering Persian Rhinoplasty, there are a whole host of benefits for you to enjoy. These include:
– Improved Appearance. Any change to your nose, whether simply a small change or a total overhaul, can have a dramatic impact on your overall look. In any case, your nose can be the foundation of a totally new you.
– Better Health. Some people experience breathing problems or other health issues from their existing nose. So not only can a rhinoplasty improve your appearance, but your overall nasal health as well. It’s a great way to start enjoying your life more freely from the problems caused by nasal irregularities.
– Higher Self Esteem. Feeling good about your appearance means you will feel good about yourself too. Even the smallest changes can start a snowball effect where you begin to feel better about everything else in your life too.
If you are of Persian descent and have concerns about how your nose looks, schedule a consultation to find out if a Persian Rhinoplasty is right for your aesthetic goals. You should be over 18 years old, preferably, a non-smoker and in general good health.
Because our commitment to the quality and care of our patients is unmatched. Dr. Solomon has been performing rhinoplasty procedures for over a decade. His artistic skill and technical mastery has led to countless successful rhinoplasties.
When you come to our office, we take the time to get and know each and every individual through our consultation process. Whether your goals are to improve your appearance or health issues, we listen to your unique needs.
Feel free to contact our office at [905-764-7739] or request a consultation today! Dr. Solomon would be more than happy to answer all your questions and guide you on making a positive change in your life.
At Rhinoplasty Toronto, Dr. Solomon employs the most advanced techniques to ensure you are happy with your results. Before every surgery, Dr. Solomon goes through a process of advanced digital imaging with you. These programs allow you to see the results before they happen in a digital environment. Whether you want to rotate, remove a bump or narrow a nasal tip, you’ll be able to see it all. With over a decade of experience, Dr. Solomon has the knowledge and expertise to make sure you love your nose.
Most patients experience some degree of bruising and swelling after their procedure. This will worsen on the second or third day following the operation, but then subsides after 2-3 weeks. After the first week, most people feel comfortable going out in public. These issues are mostly cosmetic and most people are surprised at how little they feel the effects of the procedure.
– Nosebleeds. During the week after a rhinoplasty, some patients experience nosebleeds. While pressure and ice are normally enough to put an end to them, they sometimes require nasal packing inside the nose. Very rarely, hospitalization or a blood transfusion may be required.
– Impaired breathing. This is normally the result of an inexperienced surgeon. If the nose is over reduced, significant nasal problems can occur which are similar to nasal blockages. This can be improved with further surgery in order to rebuild the affected region.
– Infection. Although quite uncommon, infection after the procedure has been known to occur Symptoms include some nasal redness and pain in the sinuses or the nose’s soft tissues. It can be treated with antibiotics.
– Altered Sensation. Like with any surgery, there can be some altered sensation in the skin around the nose afterwards. These can cause numbness, sensitivity and tenderness in the skin. They normally subside after 3-6 months.
Both private and public health insurance do not normally cover this operation. However, some of your operation can be covered if the surgery is done to improve breathing. We will bill the province directly for this portion and let you know what the additional fee is for your rhinoplasty. In addition, nasal deformity that is the result of a congenital anomaly or recent trauma may also be covered by your provincial health insurance. This will require pre-approval for you to qualify.
If you are considering a rhinoplasty and have any questions or concerns about the procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Solomon for more information.